You are not connected. Please login or register

My hardest challenge yet, the Zip Line

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My hardest challenge yet, the Zip Line on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:06 pm

dogluver808

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
My hardest yet challenge, the Zip Line

This summer I went to my christian girl scouts (not actually called that, but that's basically what it is) three day retreat with my mom. A couple weeks earlier we had received the registration form and sign up for optional activities, and the one I chose was the Zip Line, which was what my best friend was going to do also. Confident that she'd be there to cheer me on, I walked with my mom over to the Zip Line. I was already somewhat nervous because we were little bit late, but then I found out my friend would be doing it later in the afternoon! Even though she wouldn't be there, I had made my mind up that I would do it anyway. After waiting no more than 10 minutes in line, it was finally my turn. I already had all my gear on, and as soon as the cable was secured, it was time to start climbing. I soon realized that it was a lot higher than it looked, and since I have a fear of heights, this was not a good thing and just made it all the more worse. When I was almost at the top, the hand holds stopped and there was a short ladder. I didn't really think much of it, so I tried not to freeze up and climb the last bit, was when my foot slipped and I almost fell. When I finally go to the top and got the okay to go, my feet wouldn't move. I almost decided to climb back down, but with my mom's encouraging after about 2 minutes, knowing my feet weren't going to budge, I gripped the cable, closed my eyes, leaning over, I fell off. I have probably not screamed louder in terror more than that moment than I have in my life! The first half a second was pretty much a scream of: "I'M GONNA DIE!!!", but as soon as I opened my eyes and realized I was safe, I was screaming in pure joy, actually having fun! When I finally stopped, my heart was beating like a car on a highway with no speed limit! After the cable was disconnected, I started running back to my mom, constantly yelling: "WHOO!!! I WANNA GO AGAIN!!!" Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time to go again, but I overcame my fear of heights for a few minutes, trusted God to keep me safe, and had TONS of fun! I will never forget the day I first went on a Zip Line, the best and scariest day of my life!

Hope you liked it!!!

Thanx! -Doggie <3
View user profile http://www.webkinzmania.motionsforum.com

2 Re: My hardest challenge yet, the Zip Line on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Sashi

Rainbow Webkinz
Rainbow Webkinz
Yeah for you!!! cheers
And what a great story!!!

View user profile

3 Re: My hardest challenge yet, the Zip Line on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:58 pm

doglover9m

What exactly IS a zip line??Is it like a rock climbing wall?

NICE STORY!I'm afraid of heights and I tried to climb a rock wall,and I thought I was almost at the top but I was only up about 7 feet.
xDDDD.
My friend got all the way to the top and she started screaming"YEAHHHH!"And then she let go of the footholes and I got FREAKED OUT.I was like"CHANNIIEEEE!Don't die!Don't die!"
And then I realized she had a cable attched to her.
xDDDD

OFFICIALLY...TEAM JACOB! GO NEW MOON!

Name: Happy Birthday Cuz(Its name is Tessie!)
View user profile

4 Re: My hardest challenge yet, the Zip Line on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:54 pm

dogluver808

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
doglover9m wrote:What exactly IS a zip line??Is it like a rock climbing wall?

NICE STORY!I'm afraid of heights and I tried to climb a rock wall,and I thought I was almost at the top but I was only up about 7 feet.
xDDDD.
My friend got all the way to the top and she started screaming"YEAHHHH!"And then she let go of the footholes and I got FREAKED OUT.I was like"CHANNIIEEEE!Don't die!Don't die!"
And then I realized she had a cable attched to her.
xDDDD

No, a zipline is a REALLY long thick cable that ur hooked up to and you jump off this high platform and "zip" ur way to the end! It's perfectly safe!

Thanx! -Doggie <3
View user profile http://www.webkinzmania.motionsforum.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum