Webbies 4 Ever!

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Cronus Chronicles~The Shadow Thieves, The Siron Song, THE PROMETHIAN FLAME *UPDATED*

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
BREAKING NEWS-Finally announced on the Website is the third book, and last book, THE PROMETHIAN FLAME!!

You can read about this Greek Myth here (taken from the website)-

SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE ABOUT THIS SERIES!

The Prometheus Myth
Prometheus is a Titan--one of the twelve giants who ruled the Universe before Zeus and the Olympians overthrew them. But Prometheus had fought alongside Zeus, which sounds good until you learn he did it because he knew the Titans were doomed. Self-preservation's a powerful instinct, if not a noble one. Anyway, after Zeus took control, he gave Prometheus and his brother the task of repopulating the Earth, for all life had been destroyed in that wee little power struggle. Zeus sent them to Earth armed with gifts to bestow on the mortal creatures to help them survive. So the brothers started molding creations out of river clay--Prometheus working slowly and carefully, for his were in the likeness of the gods. (Though much, much shorter, and not very pleasant-smelling.) But his brother worked quickly and made all the beasts of the earth, and by the time Prometheus was done, all Zeus's gifts were used up. (This just goes to show you, you should do everything quickly and carelessly because otherwise your little brother will take all the cool stuff.) Every animal had a means of survival--from speed to strength to powerful senses to innate weapons to wings--but humans were left with nothing. They had no ability to keep warm, nor to provide for themselves, nor to survive. In other words, lots of ferrying trips for your old buddy Charon, and it's not like I get paid by volume, you know. But Prometheus was a complete softy and loved his creations and couldn't stand to see them suffering. So he went to Zeus and asked for just a titch of sacred fire to give to the humans. No such luck. Humans were beasts to Zeus, and that was all--he didn't care whether or not they survived, and he certainly didn't want them to have the god's fire. So, Prometheus stole fire from Zeus. Which you have to admit takes some serious guts.

Something strange happened then. The fire allowed humans to keep warm, to cook their food, and kept the hungry beasts away from them, so people stopped bottlenecking on the Outer Banks. But it did something more than that, too--the gods' fire taught the humans to look upwards, toward the heavens; it gave them the power of thought, of reason, of wisdom, and it gave them knowledge of the gods themselves. And no one wanted that.

Zeus was not pleased. He's a little touchy about people disobeying him. So, he chained the Titan to a mountain where every a great eagle came and gnawed on Prometheus's liver, and because Prometheus was immortal, every night, the liver would regenerate.

Way harsh.

And while you're there, why not banish some-guy-named-Phil?

http://www.cronuschronicles.com/underworld/banishphil.swf

OMG! I love this series! It's about a girl named Charlotte and a boy named Zee who travel to the Underworld to thwart an evil plan to take over the world.

In the first book, people start getting sick and loose their shadows, so Charlotte and Zee travel to the Underworld. Philonecron (the bad guy AKA "some guy named Phil") needs Zee to enchant the shadows and cause the destruction, but, of course, Zee doesn't want to. Philonecron then uses Zee's blood to make Zee do whatever he says, and he enchants the shadows. Charlotte can't do anything.

It's weird how they make it that it can really happen in your life. Zee is like a typical boy, as Charlotte is girl.

It's so L-O-L funny and exciting!

It's a trilogy, I've read the first, and it was the best book I ever read (The Shadow Thieves) and I'm reading the second (The Siron Song). The 3rd isn't out yet.

Please read these Guest! I beg of you!

Last edited by zebra123456 on Fri May 02, 2008 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

This sounds interesting. I would not recommend it for younger kids but I will certantly check it out.

Sashi

Rainbow Webkinz
Rainbow Webkinz
Thanks for telling me about this book. Will have to see if I can get it from local library..
The website says its a fantasy series for 8 and up.
Here's the website:

http://www.cronuschronicles.com/

The first book Shadow of Thieves sounds pretty interesting from the review online.
It says a thirteen year old, Charlotte Mielswetzski wouldn't call herself a liar---she prefers the term storyteller.!!!!

Anyone read the two books that are avaiable????

View user profile

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
Advice wrote:This sounds interesting. I would not recommend it for younger kids but I will certantly check it out.

I would. It's fine for younger kids.

View user profile

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
Sashi wrote:Thanks for telling me about this book. Will have to see if I can get it from local library..
Here's the website:

The first book Shadow of Thieves sounds pretty interesting from the review online.
It says a thirteen year old, Charlotte Mielswetzski wouldn't call herself a liar---she prefers the term storyteller.!!!!

I did! Oooh! Ohhh! LOL!

View user profile

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
Sashi wrote:Thanks for telling me about this book. Will have to see if I can get it from local library..
Here's the website:

Interesting site Sashi! Thanks!

I can't wait until summer 2009 for the third book! Wewe Wewe

View user profile

ryan....... bad news...... i lost my copy....... JK!

Icicle20

Administrator
Administrator
Sounds interesting. I'll have to read it sometime.

vince730

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
Sounds good Ry!

I'll have to write that down and look for it when I go to the Library.

View user profile

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
Yes! It is the best book I ever read! And I read! I read at an advanced grade level!

View user profile

Icicle20

Administrator
Administrator
How many pages? LOL.

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
420...no I am not a geek. LOL!

View user profile

Icicle20

Administrator
Administrator
Haha. How long did it take to read?

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
like 2 weeks.

View user profile

Congratz Ryan. No, Really, YAY!! ok. i'm kiddng.

P.S. you're a geek.

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
That was unessasary Austin.

I should add a warning.

View user profile

ZebraDude

Administrator/ Founder
Administrator/ Founder
Bump! Great book here! Bump!

View user profile